One thing is for sure, the price of electricity is trending upwards, typically 3% per year on average.
• Investing in solar early on can provide a fixed price per watt, which eliminates a compounding increase in utility rates.
• Once the system is paid off, you can expect a standard distribution charge from the utility, which is a necessary charge for being grid connected, roughly $15/month
As a homeowner, the resale value of your property shouldn’t be a concern anymore.
• Please look into this national study by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a general understanding of how solar property values have worked in other states.
• Could solar differentiate your house on the market when the time comes?
Solar panels now look like this – Sleek, stylish, and highly efficient
Outside of price, aesthetics is hands down one of the main concerns when it comes to a residential deployment.
Previously, the only option was the large grid-lined modules which could potentially look like an eye sore.
The market has advanced significantly over the past few years offering all black modules - black back sheets, black frames, and even frameless modules.
Design is critical for optimal performance
The ilumen design team uses a multitude of resources and processes in order to finalize a proper design
Free onsite consultation
Remote satellite imagery
Traditional and advanced shade assessment tools
Several advanced solar software programs to accurately forecast production
Our team works diligently on design revisions to fit the needs of customers, achieve production goals, satisfy local jurisdictions, and maintain a clean, symmetrical design for aesthetics.
Turnkey Solar Solution: We handle everything - Permit Application, Structural Engineer Stamp, Electrical Equipment and Upgrades, Interconnection and Net Metering Agreement, Registration for Illinois SREC Incentives, and setting up Remote Monitoring.
Financial Benefits you can qualify for:
• 30% Federal Tax Credit through 2019
• 35-40% Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SREC’s) Rebates from the new Illinois Future Energy Jobs Act Legislation
• Increased property value
• Close to $0 Electricity Bill
Return on Investment: Typical residential return on investment is 4-6 years depending on the design, components, and production.
Environmental Benefits: An over abundant amount of satisfaction knowing your source of electricity is clean, renewable, and free from carbon emissions.